- Homeopathy medicines for constipation really help?
Yes. Homeopathy medicines can treat constipation. To avoid further complications treat your constipation in time. Homeopathy treats both the causes & symptoms of the disease with no side effects.
What helps constipation fast?
Homeopathy medicines help treating it in a fast, natural, and without any side effects.
Homeopathy treatment for constipation –
Homeopathy treats constipation in a natural, safe and gentle way. Homeopathic treats the patient depending upon the reaction of the patient regarding the complaints, his concerns, worries, fears, etc.
Apart from this, most striking, peculiar symptoms also help in the selection of proper medicine. In the case-taking, physical as well as the mental state of the patient is of immense importance to know the causative factors of the problem.
In this way, the homeopathic medicines cure the root cause of the disease. After a thorough analysis and evaluation of the case, medicine is given to the patient. In homeopathy, there are no specific remedies as in other faculties of medicine. Medicines are prescribed after the totality of symptoms and the constitution of the patient.
What is Constipation?
It is irregular and infrequent or difficult evacuation of the bowels. It means you can’t pass stools regularly or inability to empty your bowel, usually less than 3 times in a week. It occurs in about 2 to 20% of the population.
Satisfactory defecation is of great importance in daily life, as it impacts our health, mood, skin and stress and well-being.
It is common in all ages. In constipation, your stools become hard, lumpy, large or small. It may be for a short time, or maybe a chronic condition causing pain and discomfort in the abdomen.
It can occur in babies, children, and adults.
It is more common in women than men, older age, and also during pregnancy.
Generally it occurs when stools remain in the large intestine for a long time, as the large intestine absorbs water from stool making it hard and dry.
- Normally a person passes stool more than once in a day, whereas others may go every 2 or 3 days.
- Stool passing becomes more difficult and less frequent than usual.
- Straining while passing stool.
- Need for excessive time to pass stools.
- Dry, hard, lumpy, large or small stools.
Other symptoms –
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Bloating & tenderness in the abdomen with uneasiness.
- Decreased appetite with a lack of energy.
- Foul-smelling flatus and stools.
- Bleeding per rectum occasionally.
Causes of constipation –
- Many times it is difficult to rule out the cause.
- Low-fibre diet, i.e. not eating fruits, green vegetables, and cereals.
- Change in your routine or lifestyle, such as a change in your eating habits.
- Ignoring the urge to pass stools.
- It may occur due to some medicines (antacids, antidepressants, anti-epileptics, calcium and iron supplements, diuretics, etc).
- Drinking fewer fluids.
- Anxiety and depression.
- Sedentary life with lack of exercise.
- Diseases of the rectum.
- Anything causing pain while passing stool can lead to constipation because patients may withhold from having a bowel movement so as to avoid pain.
- Pregnancy – especially in the early & postpartum stages.
- Injury to the pelvic floor muscles.
- In babies, it can occur due to poor diet, too much milk, less intake of fluids, fear to go to the toilet.
- In rare cases, such as irritable bowel syndrome, hypercalcemia, diabetes, hypothyroidism, spinal trauma, chronic kidney disease, an anal fissure.
General measures –
- Changes in diet and lifestyle often correct it in most of the cases.
- Take a high-fibre diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly.
- Don’t avoid the urge i.e. biological call.
- Avoid medicines causing constipation.
- Cut down caffeine, alcohol and fizzy drinks.
- Using proper laxative, suppository, enemas also help.
Top 10 homeopathy medicines for constipation –
It is the best medicine for chronic constipation with dryness of rectum. It is indicated in newborns, children, who are fed on baby foods, and also during pregnancy. Constipation with incomplete, unsatisfactory stools, sometimes have to be removed mechanically.
Constipation accompanied by abdominal complaints. Diarrhoea alternating with constipation in old people. Itching & burning with hard, dry, knotty stool.
Bryonia alba –
Hard, dry, difficult, large stools as if burnt. Chronic constipation due to heat, hot weather, cold drinks, abuse of drugs, and due to lack of intestinal secretions. Children are afraid to pass stool in the presence of others which leads to constipation. Headache accompanied by constipation due to sedentary habits.
Calcarea carb –
Hard, dry stool with anal prolapse accompanied by hemorrhoids. Chronic constipation of children. Insufficient stools with constipation during menses. Impaired nutrition, sedentary lifestyle often indicates Calcarea.
A great anti-psoric remedy for persons who are fair, stout with a tendency to skin complaints & constipation. The fullness of abdomen accompanied by chronic condition. Burning hemorrhoids due to dry, hard, large stools. Anal fissure, hemorrhoids, anal prolapse resulting from chronic constipation.
Constipation associated with distension and fullness of the abdomen. Black tongue is an important symptom to prescribe Lachesis. Ineffectual urging and straining during stool.
It is also indicated in old people, during pregnancy. It’s a hemorrhagic remedy, that’s why indicated in associated with bleeding from the bowel. There is constant urging in the rectum, but not for stool.
Nux vomica –
It is the most frequently used medicine for constipation in all ages caused due to many factors including the modern lifestyle. Nux patient has more mental strain than physical. Bad effects of alcohol, drugs, travelling, sedentary life.
There are frequent ineffectual calls with little stool every time. Constant uneasiness in bowel with itching & blind piles. Constipation accompanied by spinal or liver complaints also indicates this remedy. Constipation alternate with diarrhoea due to use of purgatives.
It is usually prescribed for obstinate constipation in children & old people. There is no desire for stool or stool recedes back, it remains in the bowel. Lack of peristalsis, sedentary habits, abuse of drugs & travelling often lead to constipation in opium patients.
It is also prescribed in chronic conditions. Difficult stool with frequent urging & much straining. Traveler’s constipation, who always face changes in water and food. Constipation caused by lead poisoning. Soft stool too requires straining, as the stool adheres to the rectum.
Sepia Officinalis –
Large, hard, stools with ball-like sensation in the rectum. Constipation with much straining and pain along with anal prolapse. Even soft stool requires much straining. Bloated abdomen with the sore and painful liver. Chronic constipation accompanied by uterine disorders. Ineffectual urging and straining for stool during pregnancy.
Itching and burning in anus with frequent urges. Hard, knotty, insufficient stool accompanied by piles. The child fears to pass stool due to pain. It is associated with uterine and liver complaints.
These are only key symptoms and indications of the medicines. In homeopathy case taking includes both physical and mental symptoms. After a thorough analysis and evaluation of the case history, the exact medicine is prescribed depending upon the constitution of the patient.
Other prominent homeopathic medicines used for the treatment are –
Aesculus, Apis mel, Arsenic album, Causticum, Cocculus, Collinsonia, Mag mur, Mezereum, Nitric acid, Phosphorus, Plumbum, Ruta, Staphysagria, Stramonium, Thuja, Verat album, and many more.
“I believe that human health is a precious thing which may not be compromised at any cost. That’s why I strongly believe in Homeopathy, because it is so natural and NO harming side effects at all”.